Group Life, Medical, and Dental Coverage
- Small community banks recognized the need to pool resources and employee numbers to form a large, stable group to insure continued health insurance coverage and premium stability. The group medical, life, and dental plans have been in existence for over 40 years. In 1987 the Board of Trustees formed a 501(c)(9) State Bankers Association Group Benefits Trust (nonprofit).
- Approximately 50 banks (approx. 2,400 employees and dependents) benefit from Trust membership, including competitive benefits and premium stability due to a large, stable group.
- Trustees contract with legal and benefits consultants for advice on: new federal laws/regulations (primarily COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, and ACA); changes in plan documents/coverage; and negotiations with the insurer.
- Wyoming Bankers Association members may join the Trust and serve on the Board of Trustees.
- Consulting, marketing and field services are provided by Leavitt Great West.
- Trustees moved for plan to become partially self-funded effective 01/01/11. Plan Administrators:
- Medical - EBMS for MT members (7/1/14) and EBMS for WY members (7/1/15)
- Pharmacy – URx (1/1/11)
- Life - UNUM/Provident Life Insurance Company (1/1/02)
- Dental - Simple Benefit Plans (1/1/11)
- Vision - Vision Service Plan (1/1/01)
- Current statistics:
- Wyoming - 18 banks with 500 employees,
- Montana - 29 banks with 800 employees.
- Total of 1,300 enrolled employees and families in the Trust with over $14 million annual premium.
- Benefits of membership: Trust advocates (Amy Jenks, Jill Martin, and Deannie Higgins) and a toll-free phone number available to employees; security and plan stability from large group size; specialized legal and benefits consultants; in-house lobbying; licensed agents available; strong leadership with a Board of Trustees made up of independent bankers; and large group clout for claims problems.Trust advocates (Amy Jenks, Jill Martin, plus three other HealthServe team members) and a toll-free phone number available to employees; security and plan stability from large group size; specialized legal and benefits consultants; in-house lobbying; licensed agents available; strong leadership with a Board of Trustees made up of independent bankers; and large group clout for claims problems.
- Trust office will continue to offer personal customer service and technical support.
- Trust will continue to pool resources for quality health coverage and leverage stable premiums at competitive rates.
- Lobby state legislatures on insurance issues.
- Continued Expansion in Montana and Wyoming.
|Board of Trustees:
|Chairman: Jay Hammond, Lusk State Bank, Lusk, WY
||Loren Podoll, Wyoming Community Bank, Riverton, WY
|Cynthia Cheney, First Security Bank, Bozeman, MT
||Gordon Johnson, American Bank, Bozeman, MT
|John Ronneberg, Citizens Bank & Trust, Big Timber, MT
||Kim Brooks, First Community Bank, Glasgow, MT
|Jim Durfee, Sundance State Bank, Sundance, WY
||Brad Franklin, Yellowstone Bank, Sidney, MT
|Richard Myers, First National Bank of WY, Buffalo, WY
||Bart Langemeier, Bank of Red Lodge, Red Lodge, MT
For more information, contact Amy Jenks (1-877-443-0520), Jim Edwards (1-877-343-1060), or visit the HealthServe website at www.healthserve.info.